The former candidate in the MA 4th Congressional District primary will join Yes on 2 Advisory Board.
For Immediate Release
Boston, Mass. – September 29, 2020 –
At-Large member of the Newton City Council and former candidate in the Massachusetts 4th Congressional District, Becky Grossman has joined the effort to bring ranked choice voting to Massachusetts by signing on as an Honorary Co-chair of the Yes on 2 campaign. Grossman placed in the top three in a race that saw no candidate earn more than 23 percent of the vote. The race has been widely reported on as an argument for a switch to the ranked choice system, in which no winner is declared without first achieving a majority.
“Ranked Choice Voting is a common-sense solution that empowers voters and promotes civility in our electoral process to better reflect the will of the people,” said Becky Grossman. “A vote for ranked choice is a vote for strengthening our Democracy, and that’s why I’m thrilled to be joining the Yes on 2 campaign as honorary co-chair.”
With the addition of Grossman, ‘Yes on 2’ Honorary Co-Chairs are as follows:
- Deval Patrick, 71st Governor of Massachusetts and Founder and Chairman of TogetherFUND
- Bill Weld, 68th Governor of Massachusetts
- Kerry Murphy Healey, 70th Lieutenant Governor of Massachusetts and President of the Milken Center for Advancing the American Dream
- Danielle Allen, James Bryant Conant University Professor at Harvard University, and Director of Harvard’s Edmond J. Safra Center for Ethics
- Adrian Madaro, Representative for the 1st Suffolk District in the Massachusetts House of Representatives
- Jesse Mermell, Former 4th Congressional District candidate and former Brookline Select Board Member
- Steve Pagliuca, Co-Chairman of Bain Capital and Managing Partner of the Boston Celtics
- Tanisha M. Sullivan, President of the NAACP Boston Branch
- Lawrence H. Summers, Charles W. Eliot University Professor, President Emeritus at Harvard University and former United States Treasury Secretary
- Andy Vargas, Representative for the 3rd Essex District in the Massachusetts House of Representatives
Contact: Charlie@sqcomms.com, 617-894-6905
About the Yes on 2 Campaign
Yes On 2 is a citizen-led, nonpartisan campaign to adopt Ranked Choice Voting for Massachusetts elections starting in 2022. Ranked Choice Voting is a common-sense reform that gives voters more voice, more choice, more power and more freedom. It will strengthen our democracy by ensuring our leaders are supported by the broadest majority of voters and reflect the true will of the people.